ALIEN INVADER HEIMERDINGER SKIN REVIEW
As a former legendary skin, Alien Invader Heimerdinger is an interesting but ultimately lacklustre skin that can’t hide its age.
The problem isn’t the concept but rather the execution in comparison to the price: it shows the technical merit of times gone by.
Heimerdinger certainly approximates the classic Martian aspect but only his overdeveloped brain stands out.
Besides, his massive brain isn’t exactly good looking; much like his face.
The turrets compensate with an appealing design but some new particles would’ve helped give them a more defined identity.
All things considered, Alien Invader Heimerdinger has a nice idea behind it but an execution that isn’t up to its price.
ALIEN INVADER HEIMERDINGER SKIN INFO
- Alien Invader Heimerdinger is a reference to Mars Attacks!, a comedic alien invasion movie.
- Alien Invader Heimerdinger changes the look of his turrets to retro sci-fi rayguns.
ALIEN INVADER HEIMERDINGER SPLASH ART
- Diffuse and empty the background doesn’t say much.
- It could be said that it makes sense for a flying saucer to land in an unpopulated area.
- However, there’re only a few sketchy trees and some barely visible turrets to frame the ship.
- At least the invader in question can be clearly seen; though the fumes blur him a bit.
- Most of Heimerdinger is clearly depicted with good even if perhaps too oily shading.
- Nevertheless, the depiction catches one’s attention thanks to the intense stare.
- All in all, it’s a splash art with problems but that manages to display Heimerdinger in an interesting way.
- Sadly, his turrets are a bit forgotten.