RED BARON CORKI SKIN REVIEW
In theory, Red Baron Corki is a fitting and interesting concept for an ace aviator.
Moreover, in practice the skin doesn’t look that bad in spite of the huge re-use of assets from the base model.
The propellers on the front gun are nice while the design effectively recreates the feel of a biplane; though the Red Baron preferred a triplane.
Regardless, it’s a skin that, while nice, had no place at such a high price point.
The idea is good but the changes so minimal that it’s simply unable to fill the legendary label.
It could be said that Red Baron Corki reflects the quality of times gone by, but even then a little more could be expected from something that calls itself legendary.
RED BARON CORKI SKIN INFO
- The Red Baron was a famous German World War I ace. Corki's Red Baron skin resembles Richthofen's plane, except the wings initially featured roundels rather than crosses. With patch V220.127.116.11 however, Riot edited Red Baron Corki, replacing the roundels with the famed crosses.
- He shares this theme with Veigar.
RED BARON CORKI SPLASH ART
- Some shades of grey try to make a dark sky for a background but simply become filler.
- Corki’s portrayal is simple yet passable with adequate shading and a bit of style given to his moustache.
- However, both Corki and copter show that they’re simply a screenshot of the 3D model with some paint over them: the rough lines, simple elements, mismatching shading and lack of a propeller are quite telling.
- Overall, this piece is just another example of a quality that is way past its time.