REDEEMED RIVEN SKIN REVIEW
Redeemed Riven is an interesting and practical look for Riven, after all no warrior should face a battle without some sort of protection.
The armour is designed more about looks than effectiveness; regardless, it does reach a reasonable compromise between both.
The hood adds an air of mystery to Riven that goes in tune with armour and sword; neither being bright nor aggressive.
Overall, a very appropriate look for Riven and a very nice skin.
REDEEMED RIVEN SKIN INFO
- Her sword can be seen in the preview video of the Mac Version of League of Legends.
- Redeemed Riven is likely a reference to her former backstory in which Riven was an exile from Demacia. Her armor appears similar to that of some Demacian champions.
- Riven's sword for her Redeemed skin has a turqoise-colored light outlining the area it was shattered.
- After Riven's release, her Redeemed Splash Art showed her having blue-colored clothing while in game her clothing was teal-colored. This was fixed to where both the Splash Art and the in-game skin showed her having teal-colored clothing.
- Redeemed Riven also has a concept art showing her clothing with red color. This version bears a striking resemblance to War from the Darksiders games.
REDEEMED RIVEN SPLASH ART
- This piece uses the background, albeit simple, to great effect as a frame to Riven; were Riven before a simple background it would be just a pose.
- In this case, it serves to suggest a story: Riven has arrived to a place and is inspecting her surroundings or staring at someone she meets ready for battle.
- This composition makes the piece much more than a simple clothes display.
- Moreover, Riven is beautifully drawn with great use of colours, reflections and lighting.
- All in all, a great piece and one of League of Legends’ best.